View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 06:37 PM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Ah, he wasn't good enough... can come up with whatever reason you want. He wasn't good enough. He wasn't the player he is now the latter half of that year, and he wasn't the player he is now for the majority of last year.

He's improved.

You seriously think Carter is hurting Giroux's production more than Nodl, JVR, Zherdev, and Carcillo have hurt Richards'? Seriously?

Carter has been this teams best ES forward for a few years now.

And, no, Giroux is not every bit as important to this team as Richards... Richards remains our best all-around forward by a long shot. When it comes time to take on tough defensive responsibilities, that's still Richards' job... all while putting up similar point totals to Giroux.
To be fair, I'm not sure taking on defensive assignments is necessarily a huge detriment to putting up good points.

Often times, the other team's best offensive unity is not necessarily that good defensively, which can lead to opportunities for someone as pragmatic as Richards.

I'm not saying that it makes his job easier or that the argument is invalid - obviously, a player tasked with defense first and offense second may likely not score as many points, but I do think making it sound like some albatross hampering his offensive abilities is a bit extreme. Depending on the player, that may just suit his game - which I think is actually Richards' case. I think he's better at playing offense off of defense than just playing offense.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote