View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 06:49 PM
northernKing

vCash: 500
People need to realize that it wasn't until the recent trouble with The Russian Ice Hockey Federation that the number of Europeans taken has declined. Id like to see how other teams ranked in drafting players that never came over.

Plus the draft used to be 9 rounds and has been cut down to 7 so teams are no longer trying the "homerun type pick" in later rounds.

Also maybe DT and Co. need to be given more credit for realizing guys like Tambellini, Aulin, Anshankov, Biron and others were not going to pan out and were able to get stuff for them. much like DL did with O'Sullivan

DT did very well in moving veterans too. Smolinski brought in Gleason and Schneider and Blake deals also brought back solid youth.

Trust me I will be thrilled to see Toffoli become a 30 goals scorer in the NHL, Forbort become a steady two way dman like P.Martin, Kitsyn become a young Frolov clone and Schenn become a M.Richards type of leader. However I also realize that not all top junior aged players make it to the NHL. Time will tell.

Judging the numbers of picks that came up from the AHL is also misleading because as noted some veteran Euro's went straight to the NHL.

Also how about college FA signings? Reinprecht and Blake are still in the NHL.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote