View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Tonellisghost
CHILL WINSTON!

vCash: 500
Jimmy Carsons only real success was with the Kings. He may have had his one team success away from LA but as far as his overall play the only time he ever played at such a high level was with LA. His first season with Edm was his best away.

There are just too many huge differences between the Kings and the type of talent that is in our system today to even begin to compare them with anytime before in Kings history in my opinion.

The other and most critical thing to consider is that we finally have a system that has been designed to be or become a pipeline of that will provide talented young players to our big club as they become read and need requires.

We have never, not one time ever in our teams history had a generational talent on our blue line and then doubly so when you consider the fact that many consider JJ to be developing into a player that could eventually be on par with players of Rob Blake's talent level.

Not to mention the fact that we also have two legitimate starting NHL goalies both young and both true #1's, that has never happened at any point in Kings history and really, the closest we came to it was when we had RV in net but he was without a true number one as a back up. We also have a rapidly developing Jones on the farm who is starting to make people consider that he could become a number one goalie down the line as well.

We are totally different now then we have ever been. Our depth has never had so many touted/coveted young players on it. I also agree that it isn't just HF or Kings fans that are saying this, its pretty much everyone.

Its cool to have your doubts about our ability to take the skill that we have on the team and down on the farm and win a cup with it but its silly to try and compare where we are today with any other point in Kings history in as far as a total team. From top to bottom, from juniours to the echl to the ahl and the NHL we have never been so staked.

I would also add that how do you compare todays GM and staff with any of the GM's and staffs we have had before? I liked DT and feel that he was on the cusp of doing something solid before he got the axe but that was then and again, we have an entirely different amount of depth and an entirely different amount of structure today then we did then so I can't see any true basis for comparison.

In my opinion anyway and none of what I have written should be construed as anything other than conjecture and opinion and then only as my own.

Last edited by Tonellisghost: 02-23-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote