View Single Post
Old
02-23-2011, 09:39 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Some of you guys are overthinking things with Hagelin. I really curse that idiot writer who put it into people's heads that Hagelin might not sign with us. That article was pure speculation on his part, simply to sell newspapers (or whatever medium he works in).

Hagelin has never said he wouldn't sign with us. Everything I've ever read about him (and I read as much as I can about him), suggests that he's nothing but a stand-up guy. I fully expect him to sign with us and I absolutely believe that he would have no issue with playing in the AHL if he doesn't make the NHL team. Why would he? This isn't a kid with an ego. He's as down to earth as they come.
I'm not thinking about that article at all... If you read up, I was linking people to Brooks' article that refuted that report that the Rangers weren't interested in signing Hagelin.... My question is a legitimate one, it's from the players perspective... Some players coming out of the NCAA might be expecting to jump straight to the NHL and not put in any significant time in the American Hockey League... I'm thinking about how our roster will be shaping up next season, and if they bring a player like Fedotenko back, there likely won't be any spots for any younger players to earn, and it all be guarantees players like Hagelin and Kreider will be playing in the AHL...