Old
10-11-2003, 12:47 PM
quat
vapid but stately

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
lol, i know who staal is, i just dont think that ANY unproven player is worth comrie straight up.... maybe ive been bitten once too many times by 1st round oiler picks that did NOTHING, but i just dont trust these "highly touted" picks until i see them actually accomplish something

in my opinion i think that the oilers should get somebody that is already a proven player, because a very good proven player (comrie) is worth much more than a great unproven player
I hear what you are saying... but I think you are incorrect when concidering the value of unproven prospects by the league. Guys who are highly rated, have an exceptionally high value... even to the point of being unreasonable. I think you are correct in that you will get better value for Comrie looking else where.

That said... Tuomo Ruutu is likely better value than Comrie no? Last year, unproven Kovulchuk (sp) or Heatley would be more than you could get for Comrie as well. Some players have franchise written all over them, and as good as Comrie is, I'm not certain he's at that calibur. Or maybe he is... personally I'd rather have Jason Smyth than Comrie leading my team.