Old
02-23-2011, 11:43 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Jack Darragh or Alex Maltsev?

to play right wing on the first PP with Esposito and Luc Robitaille.
Definitely Maltsev. Better player, better playmaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
Any thoughts on what type of player I should add for my 2nd line. Currently have either:

Prentice-?-Litzenberger or
Prentice-Litzenberger-?
A guy who brings as much offense as possible. Prentice is mediocre at best offensively for a scoring line, though he's quite good at the corner stuff and defensive stuff (though not elite at either), and Litzenberger isn't going to carry a line's offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Having two puckhandlers on a powerplay is fine, and I see no reason why Denneny can't be your slot/garbage guy. In fact, I think he's perfect in that role. I think Denneny - Keats - Martinec looks good. Don't forget that your top powerplay unit can realistically eat up 75-80% of your man-advantage icetime if you want it to. Top powerplay skaters hit those numbers all the time, as it's not terribly strenuous playing keepaway. You want the most possible talent on the ice for your first unit powerplay, and I see no reason why over the course of a season Keats and Martinec couldn't learn to work together.
I agree. My philosophy is that the top PP unit should be as stacked as possible.

The only exception would be if jarek wanted to run 2 equal PPs of 2 different styles - a crash the net PP and a European-style perimeter PP. But in a 40 team draft, you'd be hard pressed to find enough talent to do that IMO.