View Single Post
Old
10-11-2003, 11:58 AM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Sooner or later the teams lack of a true no.3-4 defenseman will be exposed. That will probably be the impetus for a Comrie trade IMO.
im not really sure that the oiler dont have a pretty good top 3 (smith, staios, brewer) and i think they have an emerging top 3-4 guy in semenov (though he will take a while like all dmen do).... but its the dropoff after those top 3 that scares me this season..... cross is good for a "filler" type D (though he makes too much for that)... bergeron is too early in his career for me to really make a comment on what he is or is not.... fergeson is the perfect 7th dman IMO....

basically you can prolly figure out from this that i would like to see cross and comrie packaged together for a REALLY good defensemen.... and when i say really good i mean top 2 good.... i think we would be able to afford this because corrs makes around 1.2 mill i believe and comrie was about 1 mill, so that would free up 2 mill in salary that they could use on the new (and prolly kinda expensive dman).... this would leave us with:

brewer
smith
*insert name*
staios
bergeron
semenov
and fergie sitting out most of the time

i think a defensive linup like the above would put usin pretty good shape