View Single Post
Old
10-11-2003, 12:04 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
Eric Staal is an untouchable. Mike Comrie and a 1st rounder wouldn't be able to get him, especially if the pick wasn't in the top 3.

Seems like a lot of Edmonton fans overvalue comrie quite a bit. Maybe because he's a local edmonton boy and a media that plays on this?
Sure Comrie is a good center who can get 50-60 points a year but he's nothing to write home about. Every team in the league (except nashville) has at least a couple of guys that can do what Comrie does.

Every NHL scout has pegged Eric Staal to be "the next Ron Francis" in terms of ability, work ethic and attitude.
Staal has looked absolutely magnificent in the preseason. The best player on Carolina didn't look out of place at all in the real show so far.
He's already got a very well rounded 2-way game and is a better skater than said to be when he was drafted.
Staal looks to be everything he's hyped to be.
I wouldn't take 5 mike Comries for Eric Staal.
Every team in the league has at least 2 30 goal scoring centers? And in their first full NHL season at that? Strange, I only count 5 of them from last year... And 7 the year before that... In fact there were only 30 30 goal scorers all of last year. Not every team is Detroit you know...

Man, I didn't know our offense was lacking so badly ..