Thread: Waived: Zherdev
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Funk311

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
True. I just think that if you're a good coach you think of yourself to be able to get a skilled guy like Zherdev to fit into your system.
Good point. I am also one who never wanted a piece of Zherdev if it meant trading for him, or using what seemed like limited cap space on him. However, neither of those are the case here. And as I said in another thread, this is NHL or bust for him. He could bring a new resolve (doubtful) but getting waived by a contender has to hurt you in the pants.

I think DB liked goose alot because goose was a very good player. He really isn't as soft as people make him out to be. He didn't get beat like a rag doll or hesitate to play in corners. Certainly he punished nobody lol, but there is soff and there is not particularly physical. I think what DB hates is the guy not going hard and not working, where Gogo was not one of those guys.

Further, i think he sees a ton of potential in any Dman who can be more than positional. The way he has our guys play, jumping in on the rush and then getting back/pressuring in the neutral zone as opposed to backing off. He wants strong skaters on D who can cover more ice and "make" plays. As opposed to just stopping them.

That is my take, and I say it in support of the why did Gogo do well for DB camp. Not really to argue any point made.

Funk311 is offline   Reply With Quote