View Single Post
02-24-2011, 04:02 PM
I voted for Kodos
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
The problem with Tkachuk is that he was counted on to lead his team's offense and failed in the playoffs. He's one of a long line of power forwards who got too caught up in the physical game to take care of what was most important. So don't put him in that role here. Let him take on a secondary role - I think someone with his talent would excel if used as a physical presence to help a more talented player, who can take the attention and scoring pressure off of Keith.
Ehhhh...Tkachuk is like Heatley in that if you don't use him on a first unit powerplay, you are losing the biggest chunk of his offensive value. The guy was only three times a top-10 even strength goal-scorer, but seven times a top-10 powerplay goal-scorer. There will be players available 200 picks from now who were as good all-around as Tkachuk at even strength. But being the slotman on an ATD first unit powerplay is a lot of pressure...and therein lies the rub.

It's a bit of a paradox. I don't remember if you used Tkachuk on your first unit powerplay in ATD 2010...did you? Because if you didn't, you really slipped one by the rest of the GMs here. You don't draft Keith Tkachuk for his even strength offense, but you're a brave man, indeed, if you give him a prominent position on your first unit powerplay. He is the very poster child for a player whose scoring stats in real life look much better than they would in the ATD because no GM is actually crazy enough to give him the keys to the car.