View Single Post
Old
02-24-2011, 04:39 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
A) Pardon me for not knowing your entire posting history. If you predict the Kings to get the 3rd seed, then why is squeaking in on the skin of their heels just as good? Sounds like you've lowered your expectations as the season has gone along. Again, this speaks to a culture that isn't about winning.
The Culture of winning is being a consistent playoff team. Similar to the Red Wings...I'm just tired of the short success spans the Kings have been through in its history. Being a one year wonder doesn't cut it for me. So yes, I would like to win the Division and make the playoffs in consecutive seasons...I can't help it if some think that's a colossal failure.

Quote:
3) Expecting to win a round in the playoffs, which is literally the smallest improvement over last year that is possible, is setting the bar too high?
It's realistic, as I have stated beforehand.

Quote:
Q) Nice try flipping my point around on me, but it doesn't work. I've always been a DL supporter.
Sure.

Quote:
We ALL expect the Kings to make the playoffs in consecutive years. The contention is that you surmised simply making the makings is a success, when it reality, it is minimally adequate. It is, without exaggeration, the least the Kings could do this year for the season to not be a failure.
As I said before, I predicted this team to win the Division prior to the season. Got laughed at, but here's the thing. I don't find it a coincidence that expectations have suddenly risen the past week or so around this deadline hype. "Well Dean must win a playoff round, otherwise he is a failure." "Dean is gutless, why can't he sell the store to get Hemsky, he needs to do it!"

People are eager to set up some sort of failure for this team. It's laughable. NOBODY was talking about winning a playoff round. Now all of a sudden this team needs to get to the second round. It's laughable...

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote