View Single Post
Old
02-24-2011, 04:06 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
What? SInce day 1 of training camp, getting to the second round of the playoffs has been the expectation and the goal.

Expectations haven't sharply risen in the past week. Panic has set in because the Kings nearly **** the bed on the whole season with their pathetic home stand, thus bringing the expectations to the forefront.
It's a realistic possibility. Kings have very little playoff experience, and that helps a little more so than last year where lot of players had ZERO.

Point is, I fully realize that this team is built for the long run, not just for 2011 and being a one year hit wonder. I'm not going to freak out if they miss out on the second round, bummed...yes of course. Kings need to dethrone the Sharks in the Pacific, and learn how to make the playoffs on a consistent basis. That's where my expectations are. Others believe its second round or bust, ok..but I'm getting ripped for expecting consecutive playoff appearances. It's just funny to me.

What I do know is that this team is going to be special in the near future and I do believe the wait will be worth it. I see the long term vision of Dean Lombardi and at the same time, I enjoy watching this team full of youth. It's very up and down over the last couple seasons, and they just need to learn to be consistent and when that happens, is when this team will contend for the cup.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote