View Single Post
Old
02-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
And sturm, Tkachuk was on my second PP unit last time. I wasn't exactly going to take Busher Jackson or Gordie Howe off the first unit.
Yeah...I actually went back and checked. With what you had on the first unit powerplay, I can't imagine you giving your second unit more than 25-30% of the man advantage icetime, and if that's the case...well, I don't know how much credit the other GMs gave you for Keith's offense, but it was likely too much. He was basically just a grinder for you, which was ok I guess because you had a lot of other talent on that second line. Bugg would have to pull an enormous rabbit out of his hat at this point to end up with a second line where Tkachuk isn't expected to be a big part of the offense, and in theory he's already got Drillon filling the slot role on the first unit powerplay. He could bump Drillon, but that would torpedo most of his offensive value.

There may have been some teams in this thing that could have made good use of Tkachuk, but I don't think Bugg's team is one of them.