View Single Post
Old
02-25-2011, 05:31 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
the next paragraph, what does Tkachuk's ES time have to do with his powerplay production? If he gets the time he needs on special teams, why does that negatively affect his overall production? Powerplays goals are part of the sum goals total at the end, are they not?
Does this mean that you intend to use Tkachuk on your first powerplay unit? I think that is a...brave...tactic considering that Tkachuk's powerplay production is actually the single worst aspect of his legendary playoff struggles. Keith scored 8 powerplay goals in 89 career playoff games, for a GPG rate of about 0.09 compared to a regular season career GPG rate of 0.45 (538 goals in 1201 games). For those of you keeping score at home, that means Tkachuk scored powerplay goals in the playoffs at one-fifth his regular season rate. Not good.

At any rate, putting Tkachuk on your first unit powerplay would raise questions about how much offensive value you can squeeze out of Gordie Drillon, whose game was also largely predicated on standing in front of the net and collecting garbage. Both of them cannot realistically play on the same powerplay unit. I think you've sailed between the proverbial Scylla and Charybdis here.

But anyway, I'm done talking about Keith Tkachuk.