Thread: Post-Game Talk: Habs Lose to Leafs 5-4
View Single Post
Old
02-25-2011, 11:00 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
It always seems that every Hab loss is followed by excuses by the usual suspects.

Can you believe that someone blamed the ice in the Heritage Classic game? Now it's the refs. It always seems to be the refs. Habs are the most penalized penalty. Do you believe that the Refs are conspiring...or that the team is just lazy and undisciplined? Habs take many, many, lazy penalties and a lot of it has to do with lack of speed on D (hooking, holding, tripping calls) and lack of size (slashing, hooking).

As far as blame for this game, the reffs did their part, but they didn't miss 2 open nets. They also weren't responsible for the team beign unable to get the puck out of their zone at the end of the game. This has been an issue for a while now. Our old, slow defense struggling to get the puck out of their own zone and forwards taking off far too early.
I'm not blaming them for the loss, but to just sit back idle and say nothing after that piss poor display of officiating we saw would just be dumb. Just cause people point out that the officiating was terrible doesn't necessarily mean they blame the officiating. Whether or not it's their fault isn't even relevant. These guys are paid to provide a service they are arguably not providing. They don't do their job properly.

If you were to go to work and do a half assed job I'm sure your boss wouldn't be pleased either, whether or not it was your fault that something did go wrong. I just know if I were officiating I would call it as I see it. Not saying I'd be the best ref or something far from it, but I just hate to see missed calls that are so obvious is all. I don't care even if we win the game 7-0 poor officiating in favor or against the habs is still poor officiating and an embarrassment to the NHL.