View Single Post
Old
02-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Greg1420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
ok, so this sucks, but what now?

we have done this before this year, and pulled out of it.

but we will soon be looking up at the 8th spot.

What does(or should) Poile do in the next 90 hours?

Get desperate and trade multiple picks/prospects for immediate help to try to make it in this year?

or stick to the plan and hope we counter this losing streak with another win streak?

with the big increase in attendance that has happened so far, and after being so high in the standings for so long, would missing the playoffs be a deadly buzzkill that would negate all this progress?

Or does it make no sense to be aggressive since at best we are a 6-8 seed/1st round underdog anyway?

discuss
I don't think it would negate all progress, but I think if we could give the new fans a trip to the first round of the playoffs it'd further solidify the numbers we're now seeing and help them carry those attendence #'s into next season.

Miss the playoff and we take a step backward attendance wise, but only after we've taken two steps forwards.

So I guess there's a limit that Poile has to find where he spends/gives up enough to get to the playoffs to solidify his revenue stream without giving up too much since our asseth will be kickethd in round one anyway

Greg1420 is offline   Reply With Quote