View Single Post
Old
02-25-2011, 05:43 PM
two out of three*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Knoll View Post
The thing that never made sense was that he was acquired as a stopgap at LW, weeks after Parse had been injured (not that Parse was a sure bet even if he were healthy), yet he was a couple weeks from playing and months from playing effectively even if there were not setbacks.

Some knowledgeable hockey people have asked, well, who else was available? The Devs were already in really bad shape and Langenbrunner got moved shortly after Sturm does. The price was a higher but still basically marginal. Langenbrunner is a RW, not a LW, but they were already playing Brown at LW by that point and have done so since, too. I don't think Langenbrunner would have averted the two long slides but he would have been more effective than Sturm and been a quality veteran presence in the locker room to boot.
Yeah, I don't understand the Sturm acquisition. Whenever its debated, some Kings fans answer unfailingly is "we got him for nothing, so that means its a good deal."

Well, no its not. We acquired a guy who wasn't even ready to go, who isn't even a better option than the players we already have in the system. Now he's taking up a roster spot that we need in order to trade for somebody at the deadline. If you need a player to help your team in the midst of your playoff push immediately.. Why would you go trade for a player who can't even PLAY right away?

And on top of that your excuse is going to be "give him some time?"

Bottom line: I hate everything about the Sturm trade.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote