View Single Post
Old
02-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Marco Sturm is this decade's Erik Rasmussen, Steve Heinze, Randy Robitaille and Trent Klatt. Taylor was roasted (and rightfully so) for acquiring players like this and expecting them to be Top 6 forwards.

Sorry if "well he is not embarrassing himself" is not the level that some of us expect from a player who is playing in a Top 6 role.

And yes, he will be on the Kings roster because no one else in the NHL wants him. Even though all he would cost is $1 million for the rest of the season and playoffs. Sorry but that's pretty telling.

I have no problem with the original deal, was hoping maybe he could be a somewhat productive player. But it's obvious at this point, because of the surgeries that he isn't a very good NHL player.
All I can say is "Yeah, we'll see."

I've seen him play plenty in the past and have no doubt that Sturm has the ability, the experience, the brains, the character and the motivation to improve from here and regain his form as a scoring winger, also he is not so old that he can't get his game back.

So I do expect him to improve from here forward. Knowing Sturm I cannot be quite as pessimistic as you are.

I am not convinced anymore that Moller is an adequate alternative, I wish I could say otherwise. This whole discussion might change anyway, depending on whether the Kings make a trade and for whom.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote