View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 01:46 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
How many rookies do we have on the team this season?

How many did we have last season?

How many, realistically does everyone think we will have on our team next season?

By rookie lets say someone who has yet to put together a full first NHL season.
I expect no fewer than three "rookies" to play full time with the Kings next season. Part of the plan for a little while longer will be to get better and younger at the same time. That would be some combination of Schenn, Loktionov, Moller, and Voynov. Add that to Clifford and Martinez this season and it is pretty clear that the Kings' development system is running on all cylinders.

Those that want to see major changes if the Kings don't win at least one playoff round would see the Kings return to the same old BS of "anything can happen once you make the playoffs" mode. For once things are being done the right way. The Kings are developing their own stars instead of trading for them. I believe the time will come to make a larger deal, and I would be fine with acquiring a player like Hemsky to help today, but doe anyone here really believe a fair price for him is any more than something like Martinez/Hickey, Moller, and a 2nd?

There is no need to buy today at over inflated prices.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote