View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 02:49 AM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
I've learned a lot in this thread! Stephen Weiss, a veteran at this point with no upside and his 20-goal and 60-point days likely behind, is apparently an elite center! Who knew!?!

I also learned that John Michael Liles is not a suped-up Marc Andre Bergeron, but rather a player who could command a first rounder just to open talks!

Wow, I have really not evaluated these guys correctly in over 15 combined seasons of watching them play professional hockey!

When guys are absurdly off the mark about prospects, that's easy to forgive. They are tough to evaluate and not always on TV consistently. When they are veteran NHL'ers, I just have to chuckle.

Liles could get more than a second in this market and with his hot play, but the Avs will laugh all the way to the bank with what they get. Weiss is not an elite center, the only reason he's not being moved is that he isn't a whiner and he's the best center on a team that's unusually weak at the position.

I'm not a huge fan of Kadri but any GM in the NHL, hell any GM in NHL 11 would jump at a chance to get him for a rebuilding/young team in place of Weiss.