View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 10:07 AM
mti79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Honestly I'd be happy if Sather's hands are tied from adding salary at the deadline. That reduces the chances to nil that he pulls the trigger on shipping out any youth for a rental.

and might have the double benefit of forcing him to focus instead on moving a large contract and acquiring futures, which I'd be very pleased with.

I don't want a shiny new toy this spring. I'd much prefer to continue to build a team identity and set our chips up to make a big splash when our core is ready to carry us deep into the playoffs and just need a highly specialized piece or two to put them over the top.
Yeah, I totally agree. I'm ok with our shiny new toy being Wolski because he's been playing really well as of late and also, I like the kid. Let's see what this team can do. The only thing we may want to add is a veteran presence on D, but only if it's really really cheap. Otherwise, I'm ok with rolling the dice with what we've got.

Oh, unless that shiny new toy is a player like Stastny and only if the trade is another one of the good ones that Sather has been pulling off.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote