View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
heading to boston and hoping to see tampa-bruins march 4th...any advice re: tickets and any tips about seating, sight lines in the arena, seats to avoid or where best value is?

also, anything a hockey fan "must see" in boston? (going for work but extending my stay for no apparent reason)

The Tampa game is Thurs March 3rd.

Seating is definitely one of those to each their own things. The best value for your money imo is balcony seats between the blue lines. With center ice seats you have the same vantage point all 3 periods. Being on the end the B's shoot twice is great. But the other period it isn't so much. Although balconies offer a good bang for your buck, many just prefer to be closer to the ice and see the game at a faster pace. If your one of these people I still think you want to sit in the higher row loge seats. My last game was in loge 4 row 4. Honestly the seats were not very good. I found myself looking up at the HDX video screen whenever the puck was on the opposite end of the ice. On top of this the seats in this section were retractable. They were neither comfortable or sturdy. That said, when the puck was on our end of the ice the seats from a viewing perspective were great. But to pay that much to sit close to the ice in uncomfortable seats when 50% of the game you are looking at the video screen is stupid. The best seats of the house imo are loge seats between the blue lines rows 10 and up. If money wasn't a object I would sit in loge 1 or 12 between rows 12-15. If the fans in the club seats weren't so lifeless I would probably sit there. As there are some nice amenities that come with them. Money being a object, center ice balconies in 316 or 301 middle rows are a excellent value. Row 1 center ice for $65-$69 is also a excellent value...row 1 behind the nest for $69 not so much...as the people sitting in row 2 behind you pay $28.

Last edited by Looch: 02-26-2011 at 11:23 AM.