View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Oilerdiehard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
As a guy with a previous hard-on for Robbie...

He's scoring at a .5PPG pace, he's an high level seamstress, he's a high level PPQB, and he'd be the 2nd leading FO% man on the team, only behind Horcoff (and I don't include Brule because the coaching staff is inept and refuse to use him as center).

we won't pick him up because he doesn't bump anyone and he's small down the center, doesn't skate up to snuff, whatever. But you know... the fanboy in me likes him. Likes him alot.
I would include Gilbert Brule who is 53% on the face off dot. Though he only has taken 154 draws. If he played as many games as Shremp I am guessing his number of overall faceoffs would not trail Schremp's by much.

Schremp only took 377 draws for a 48% rating. Three other centers had way more draws (as in double or triple the amount) on the season for the Isles. So likely he was being sheltered away to some extent from taking on tough opponents in the dot.

He would only be a minor upgrade on the dot over Cogs and Gags. Not to mention if he took as many draws as those two guys have I suspect his percentage rate might drop a little.

I think the only place he might help us is on the PP. He adds another small, soft forward who turns over the puck quite a bit to the line up.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote