View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
With Seabrook about to re-up with Chicage for a little under $6 million per season for 5 years, this sets an interesting precedent for negotiations with Weber and Suter. Keith is signed for around $5.5 million per and with Seabrook coming in at just under $6 million, how does Poile negotiate with our two? I think it's funny they're giving Seabrook more money than a guy that just won the Norris trophy and is actually the better player between the two. Where does that leave us with Weber and Suter?

Does Poile use these two salaries as comparisons but if I'm their agents, I come back with Campbell's, Phaneuf's and J-Bo's salaries. Gonna be interesting to say the least but if the Chicago guys salaries are what we give our guys, I think we'll be ok. I have this funny feeling, our pair will get more when all is said and done but not a ton more.
Keep in mind that Keith has one of those "cap circumvention" contracts where it is heavily front loaded to bring down the cap hit. He actually makes $8M this year.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote