View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 12:59 PM
  #338
TonySCV
Moderator
3 in 5 > 3 in 6
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Why didn't DL just wait until Monday to waive Sturm then?
In addition to what's already been suggested, the teams considering Sturm that have cap/roster space today may not come Monday. The Caps may have made a trade for someone else if Sturm wasn't available, eliminating a destination from the mix.

I have to think that he has a deal (or deals) already in place and is waiting for Monday to pull the trigger. He could do it sooner but if I were controlling the budget I'd tell him to wait until the last minute before taking on new salary. If that's the case, then Sturm obviously isn't part of the team equation moving forward and Dean decided to take care of that ASAP.

Just speculation of course. We'll know for sure end of day Monday.

TonySCV is offline