View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 01:08 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
C'mon.

With this you are indicating that MacT didn't have further insight on the player or that he hadn't seen him enough in training, practice, games, etc?

When Schremp was here I tried to keep an open mind.But when you see other players practicing on fundamentals and Robby spending 30mins honing his latest trick or trying to flip pucks in a pail its not hard to take note the player spends far too much time on the wrong things.

Additionally for a player that had difficulty with his skating he sure didn't push himself in skating drills. Watch him carefully and he's the guy cutting corners and slowing down any chance he gets.

I thought he did well in NYI for awhile but there were always basic things that were wrong in his approach to the game and that stopped him from improving.

Robbie would have been a useful player in the 70's. He doesn't have the kind of conditioning or dedication it takes to be an NHL player now.
Robbie needs to produce offensively, because he has nothing else to offer. As soon as he isnt producing, he becomes a liability. Nothing more, nothing less. He is too slow and too small for the nhl. That said, there is no way anyone can argue that he got a fair shot here. Seven games in four years, for a player that led the ahl team in scoring as a rookie and a first round pick, when the nhl team wasnt worth a sniff and had problems scoring? Sorry but that's not good enough.

Mactavish's extended stay in the unemployment line when it is fairly apparent that he wants to stay active is hardly an endorsement.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote