View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
In addition to what's already been suggested, the teams considering Sturm that have cap/roster space today may not come Monday. The Caps may have made a trade for someone else if Sturm wasn't available, eliminating a destination from the mix.

I have to think that he has a deal (or deals) already in place and is waiting for Monday to pull the trigger. He could do it sooner but if I were controlling the budget I'd tell him to wait until the last minute before taking on new salary. If that's the case, then Sturm obviously isn't part of the team equation moving forward and Dean decided to take care of that ASAP.

Just speculation of course. We'll know for sure end of day Monday.
I think we might also see something go down this weekend, possibly today after the Avs game. If you have a new player or players coming in, it'd be nice to give them a some time with the team to practice/get acclimated before the Detroit game on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The logical next question would be what if no deal is made before the deadline? What if other teams in the conference attempt to improve and the Kings move forward with no Sturm OR Loktionov? Is that how a crafty GM builds a winner? Is this the blue print Detroit laid down and Lombardi stole like The Hamburglar?
Detroit did lose Quincey on waivers, so maybe