View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 01:41 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I think the other was the Spengler cup?

Anyway MacT did as much as can be asked with sadsack clubs put in front of him and I think its pretty clear nobody could do better with what he had to work with.

Its interesting the freefall down to the bottom of the mineshaft happened in the two years subsequent to him being here. Couldn't have anything to do with him being a better coach.
No. He took a loaded World Championship team and lost to freaking Norway or Germany or some other third world hockey country and missed the medals entirely. It was not the Spengler cup, nice try.

In what ways was he a better coach? The way he played favourites or the way he dumped on players inexplicably with vague reasons, calling them out in the press for being out of shape of all things. And you were all over Quinn for calling out the effort of garbage like O'Sullivan. Cmon man, lets get real for a second.

The old no forecheck passive defensive system was just an atrocity to watch. Horrible hockey. Our only mistake was not getting rid of him sooner or hiring him in the first place. He isnt even rumoured for coaching openings anymore. That's no coincidence.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote