View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamGravesNight View Post
Don't know much about McCabe. What's everyone's opinions on his game?
I've been scouting him lately, to get some perspective on him since he haven't really been flying in the spotlight in like 3 years or something.

Look, offensively he is a shooter. FLA have used him on the left side a lot, but like we all remember, in Tor he always played the right side. On the PP he plays to the right to be able to one-time it.

And he have been around before. He doesn't panic, especially in the sunshine state were there have been zero pressure/attention on him. He have his limits -- having possibly the worst agility in the entire NHL. He is a smart defensive player, kind of like Girardi, but is a worse skater -- so he better be well position lol or he finds himself two zones behind the play in a hurry.

You gotta like his attitude now (I can't say it impressed me when he was on the Island or in Toronto). He have taken on a leadership role in FLA.

This is kind of my outlook on him.

This year
I would not be suprised if he didn't make us much better if at all any better. McCabe is not better on the point then say a Kotalik, possibly even worse. You gotta set him up, if you do a perfect job at setting him up -- he could still pot 20-25 goals. But in every other area, taking the puck up ice et c, passing it, he is definitely not something special.

But, he takes pressure of MDZ, and thats the key for sure.

I afraid that we will look waaaay too much for him, and become predictable et c.

The future
I think McCabe could become a perfect "6th D"-veteran/physical/shooting presence on the blueline for us for the coming 2 years after this season. We have a very young blueline, and it could certainly help a lot to have someone like McCabe on it going forward. But then he can't cost much more then like 2.5-3m per to make sense.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote