Thread: Proposal: Edm - Nyr
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Seanzie888

vCash: 500
Ummmm ok. Make up your own definition all you want but Hemsky is still not considered a rental by the General Managers who actually make the deals.

Take for instance all the press about how the Oilers are having a tough time finding a good deal for Hemsky due to the fact that because he's not a rental, teams will actually have to pay a premium for him. They are paying for the next 4 months of him... and then an entire calender year. Not only that but he is pretty cheep given the kind of impact he would have in the receiving team's line up.

Now I know you're going to say he's injury prone but the thing is he's not injury prone in the traditional sense of say... Gaborik or Havlat who are infamous for their glass groins. Hemsky's injuries are seldom the same place. One year its a shoulder because someone hit him from behind into the boards. The next he loses an edge trying to beat out an icing call and breaks a leg. He's more unlucky than injury prone. While I agree that to a team it doesn't matter why he's out of the line up, I just think its important to clear the air as to his injury history.

Still, I consider trading for Hemsky a worth wile endeavor, given that he is in a contract year next year and so I expect—as is the trend with most impending FA's—he will have one of his best season's to date.

Seanzie888 is offline   Reply With Quote