View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
There was a quote when he was in the minors. Something about he was never really forced to play much of a defensive system in Sweden or the KHL.

You think he is bad now. You should have seen his first month or two in the AHL. He would be by the face off dot in his own zone. He would a attempt crazy saucer or flip in the air passes through 2 or 3 opposing players right in his own teams slot area. I do not even mean forward passes, it would be in somewhat straight lines to the opposite face off dot area. All the time in his own zone. The opposing teams got some grade A chances knocking those sorts of passes down in the slot.

Yikes.

Thanks. Pretty much confirms what I thought. Just doesn't seem to have a clue what to do when pressured in own zone.

Man, did he ever even watch NHL hockey? I can't believe some of the stuff he thinks will work here.

Trouble is Omark needs to produce something like a Goal/Game to be an even player.

This is a workable player for a club that doesn't presently care whether it wins or loses games but I don't see this going forward. Also doubt whether Omark is as willing to change his game as he says he is. I question this due to actions I continue to see on the ice.

In the end I think the NHL game will continue to be frustrating for him and in a couple years he's at the end of his last NHL tryout.

People often forget this is the player at age 24. He's this irresponsible defensively at age 24.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote