View Single Post
Old
02-26-2011, 05:09 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I ws just saying I thought he ALSO coached the Spengler cup. Pretty sure he did.
Could be. Although it would be sad if he has sunk that low already.

Quote:
In anycase why does the WC mean anything to you in terms of MacT's coaching. Given his use of systems hockey something like a shortterm stint with players who could care less, and with no time to prepare, is the worst possible measuring stick for his specific abilities. The shout and yell rabble coaches, or coaches that rely on emotional gimmick and short term results are much more suited for that type of short term position. I think Mess was an assistant Coach on the same club afairc. Would that team's failure preclude Mess being a coach?
Just responding to you saying that you didnt think he was interested in coaching for the last two years. Clearly that isnt likely to be the case, as he was also rumoured for the Wild job early on. The abject failure at the WC was just gravy. You know, considering he never had a decent roster to work with here. Well he had one there and they failed miserably.

Quote:
Better Results, better W/L record. Not hard to follow.
Pretty simplistic comparison. Mactavish never had to deal with rosters like last year's mess or man games lost. The only comparable would be after the Smyth trade, and he fell on his face when the team gave up on him.

Quote:
Well I can't fathom how you can dislike a coach on the record of making occasional comments about select players vs a coach that did it every other day about select players he didn't even know. Quinn was a clueless windbag here and a conclusion nearly everybody at least at this point agrees with.
I know who I'd rather go to work for. Some guy that actually takes considerable time before calling you out or somebody who does it for ***** and giggles at the spur of a moment and for no clear reason.
There really is no difference, other than for Quinn it wasnt personal. He just called out whoever wasnt performing, rightly or wrongly. Mactavish had little vendetta's and showed a complete lack of class and professionalism by cutting up Schremp when Robbie was on the other side of the continent. I think even Craig would want that one back as he doesnt seem like the type to shy away from a fight. At least he never was as a player. But the backstabbing was completely unacceptable.

I find it strange that you would lambaste Quinn for the same behavior exhibited by Mact but Craig gets a thumbs up from you. That is hardly credible.

Quote:
What Quinn and Renney have brought since defines horrible. A complete absence of evident coaching. We could have a preprinted lineup order spit out of a computer pregame and pretty much the same result. No line matching, no recognition of who's going, who's not. etc.
You cant get much worse than last, but Mactavish had his faults, and if he was all that and a bag of chips, he would have been hired right away like Tippet was.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote