View Single Post
Old
07-24-2005, 11:54 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
The 18th overall is too steep from Reinprecht. If we trade a mid first for Reinprecht, we are really reaching. This guy is hardly the 'answer' to our prayers. He's a solid second/third line center capable of putting up between 40-50 points, but after last season's injury plagued fiasco, I'm not sure he's worth it. He's only broken 40 points twice in his NHL career. He's hardly young at 29 and we'll be a UFA (if not signed) by next season, I think.

If Reinprecht pulls in the 18th overall, what does that say about the Sullivan trade? Sullivan is clearly a better player than Reinprecht and was damn near the same age when the trade was made. Yet we gave up two middle of the road second rounders for him. I'd give a second rounder for Reinprecht. That and possibly a 3rd/4th. He's just not worth a mid first rounder, no matter how bad the draft year is.

How about Reinprecht for Shiskanov and our 4th this year. If I knew we could count on him for more than 50 points (like we could with Sullivan), I'd give more. But if at 29, he's never done it. It might be stretching it to assume he will.
Well, to be fair...he was playing a Greg Johnson role in Colorado, and never got the chance to show what he could do in Calgary. I think he's capable of more...but after reading the interviews with Leipold\Trotz...where they specifically say they're looking at the free agent market for a center...I suppose it's just fun speculation anyway.