Old
02-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Quote:
Poliquin is also well known as being a proponent of twice a day training both for strength and hypertrophy. This isn’t the classic old school Arnold type training whereby you might train back in the morning and than, say, biceps at night. Oh no, Poliquin has added a twist to it that most likely stems from his days of working with athletes to get them stronger, rather than “bodybuilding” purely for cosmetic purposes. The Charles Poliquin hypertrophy way is to train the same body part twice in the same day, about five to six hours apart. You do the heavy, low repetition, high threshold motor unit / nervous system work early in the day and then you are primed for the second workout to be stronger and better able to stimulate the muscle fibres that need higher time under tension (put simply, more repetitions and longer sets) that have a higher hypertrophy potential. As of the time of writing this is something that I have been putting into practice with my coaching of Glenn Parker for his quite unbelievable physical transformation – when I release the photographic evidence to say that you’ll be stunned will be nothing if not a gross understatement! So although this is something that I have been utilizing for some time both in theory and in the programmes I design, it is not something that I have been able to do very much of in my own training due to my own personal time and recovery constraints – this all changed on the Charles Poliquin Hypertrophy Course, it was nothing but sleeping, eating, training and studying for five days straight! I have returned from Sweden six pounds heavier and with arms that look to have swollen up by about an inch thanks to no less than four separate, high volume arm workouts. Now this is certainly not something that I can do all the time, nor should one even if time allowed, but as a way to temporarily overreach and then grow it is a fabulous principle.
http://www.nickmitchellblog.com/char...hy-internship/

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote