Thread: Line Combos: pyatt vs dawes
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Have you ever seen dawes play ? Were you at the game yesterday ? He has 28 goals this season. And could turn into a DD if he would work at it. He was one of the better players on the team. And you are telling me that we don't put him in on a team that is not able to score any goals. Yea thanks pyatt for your 1 goal this season but we won't be needing you.
yes, I saw him in about ~20 flames games last season.

if you're comparing him to DD, then you definitely have seen a far different player than I've seen.

Don't let his solid AHL stats fool you... Corey Locke lights up the AHL as well. A great AHL players doesn't necessarily translate to even a decent NHLer.

Dawes doesn't have the hockey sense to be as effective in the NHL as he is in the AHL. He works hard, has good speed, and has good hands, all attributes that lead to a very good AHL player, but his lack of size means that he needs more to his game to be effective at the NHL level.

DD has translated pretty well so far b/c he has such good hockey sense. He knows where to be/where to go, where the defense is/will be, where his teammates are/will be, and has adapted very well so as to minimize the shortcomings (no pun intended) of his small stature and average skating.

Dawes will probably get another NHL crack, and could potentially stick with a team, but despite our need for goal scoring, he is not the "answer".

our scoring woes have more to do with system and a terribly underperforming "centrepiece" (gomez) than they do with roster personnel. Dawes won't solve, or even improve, that problem.

Pyatt plays a role, is useful in that role and seems fine with his press box frequency. Dawes would not be an upgrade.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote