View Single Post
Old
02-28-2011, 12:42 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognitive Dissonace View Post
Figured I'd come here to see if any of my old favorite food joints were listed, since I moved away from the Raleigh area a few months shy of a year. A. Whoever put Balihai on that list, I love you. B. El Rodeo on 329 S Blount St, Raleigh is absolutely delicious and not too expensive Mexican food, if my memory serves me right. It is right there by Artspace in the Moore Square area. There are also Char Grill burgers on Hillsborough Street.
The words "El Rodeo" and "absolutely delicious" do not belong in the same sentence. Ever. There's too much good Mexican in this town to slum it at El Rodeo. Dos Perros, Dos Taquitos/Dos Taquitos Centro, or Chubby's all make El Rodeo look like the hole that it is. If you're looking for authenticity, Durham's got more taquerias than you can shake a stick at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Do you guys ever go out AFTER the game? Any hotspots other than Bistro?
You could always try the Village Draft House or The Flying Saucer. Personally I'm a fan of Fullsteam in Durham. Not a lot of 'Canes fans hang out there, but it's a good place to get some good beer after a game and they usually have a food truck or two parked nearby. Friday's you've got the Farmhand Foods Sausage Wagon there, Saturday's you've got Klausie's Pizza, Only Burger heads out there sometimes too.

Similarly Big Boss' Horniblow's Tavern is a possibility though I'm not sure how late they're open.