View Single Post
Old
02-28-2011, 02:00 PM
roaddogg02316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNetter View Post
I'm confused. Did you win the gift cards last year and are just getting around to selling them or did you win some expired gift cards? This is one of the oddest threads I've ever come upon.

Two suggestions (providing the gift cards are still valid) --

See if you can post something at your local hockey rinks (somewhere near the shops) asking $150 (or best offer) for $200 in gift cards and provide your email address. That way anyone interested doesn't have to drive far to redeem the cards. Chances are good that the individual won't be able to spend the whole amount all in one visit.

Or, put the cards up on Craigslist.

The thing is, if you're not going to buy hockey equipment the gift cards are WORTHLESS to you. Any money you can get in exchange for the cards is better than nothing. But if you're near one of their shops you might want to drop in and walk around. Maybe you can find a sweatshirt or NHL jersey you like. From their website it doesn't look like they sell jerseys but maybe they have them in the store and not in their site? I dunno.
I won them at a AHL game. I don't play hockey so I really had no use for them at the time. I knew I had them and was thinking buy something and turn it around to sell.
I'm hoping they will still honor them as it is kind of stupid to have expirations on them. Not everyone runs out to buy something right away. Almost loses business for the store. Because you can't always just go in a hockey shop and spend a small amount of $.
Gonna call tomorrow I think and see if they can tell me over the phone if they are still good, if not I'll go over there.

roaddogg02316 is offline   Reply With Quote