View Single Post
Old
02-28-2011, 03:00 PM
5StringBuzz

vCash: 500
It seemed to me that Klesla was improving over time, but it was almost a sure thing that he'd be injured. Some of that injury history seems to have been bad luck, but whatever the cause, the impact is similar. When he hit the wall in the STL game a few weeks back, I remember thinking, "Here we go again." I won't be surprised if he doesn't get his game back completely this season.

I'm pretty happy with this trade, since we've been doing OK without Rusty as it is, and I think we can use the budget room, though Rusty was about third on the list of contracts I wanted to see go away. If he'd stayed healthy, it wasn't an atrocious contract. I'm looking forward to Upshall, who could be a great add, and I'm intrigued by Lepisto. This strikes me as a typical Howson move. I'm disappointed that we didn't add critical pieces to put the team over the top, but never expected to make that kind of move by the TDL anyway. I would be surprised to make the playoffs; this move wasn't enough to push us over the tipping point.