Thread: Post-Game Talk: Post-Trade Deadline Talk
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2011, 03:18 PM
biturbo19

vCash: 500
Only disappointing part of today is Hodgson's days with the Canucks this year almost certainly being numbered. But it's for the best. If Higgins + Lappy fit in well, this is going to be a slick lineup.

i'm imagining the possibility of Lappy and Torres on the same line...and i'm just laughing my ass off. consider any and all **** disturbed.

something like Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen could make a good defensively responsible checking line...with Torres-Lappy-Glass as a hilariously antagonistic 4th line that AV could actually use for a more regular shift. but there are endless combinations possible there for AV to tinker with.

hopefully alleviates some of the PK burden on Burrows-Kesler for rest of the regular season. Higgins gives AV a more viable top-6 temp guy if Raymond needs a little kick in the pants as well.

and one of the biggest things to me, is the faceoff flexibility. a good faceoff team to begin with, added the 4th line C we were after...and i could be wrong, but i believe Higgins has at least taken a number of draws in his time as well?

pretty lackluster deadline day as a whole, but i'm pretty happy with what the Canucks did. pretty funny watching Tallon strip Florida to the bone as well.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote