Thread: Post-Game Talk: Post-Trade Deadline Talk
View Single Post
Old
02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

vCash: 625
good depth moves by the canucks today...i'm not going to get too excited because in the playoffs it's still going to come down to whether the core members of this team can battle through the various physical and mental challenges that other teams will throw at them

i've never liked lapierre as a player, and while i'm sure he will not become my favourite canuck anytime soon, he should be able to fill the adam burish role on this team and hopefully goad some opposing team top players into taking dumb penalties and getting them off their game

i've also seen many mock lineups putting higgins on the third (or even second) line, but to me he's firmly behind torres, hansen, raymond, and even glass on the depth chart...he's a hard worker and is defensively responsible but is a fairly unremarkable player

what i like about the deals is how low-risk they are...no roster players given up, no 1st or 2nd round picks surrendered, and the players acquired can be let go in the offseason if they don't work out (or even benched in the playoffs if it's a disaster)

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote