View Single Post
Old
03-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
I strongly disagree. He's often left sucking wind and not moving his feet. He's smart enough not to get himself in too much trouble but it hurts the Canucks transition game.

I have no doubt that he'll be ready by the playoffs but will we be able to wait around a few games for Edler to get back in game shape? What about Bieksa? Will he be the same post-injury? He usually isn't. Can our other defensemen stay healthy in the meantime?
The Canucks have assembled such a strong two-way forward group that it should be enough to get past their 1st rd opponent even while the defense is finding their stride. The Canucks are so strong up the middle and have 4 lines not only capable of playing well in their own zone but able to sustain a lot of pressure in the offensive end, further taking pressure off the defense.

The Canucks were a quick, aggressive forechecking team before they added Higgins and Lapierre. 2 more excellent skaters will just make them that much better at pressuring the puck all over the ice and disrupting the opposition from getting anything going through the neutral zone. I really believe this forward corps is going to be skating teams into submission...

And when there's a breakdown, Luongo is there to help cover them up. He's playing some the best hockey of his career and should just further help insulate any potential struggles of Edler or Bieksa.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote