View Single Post
Old
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Islanders blueline - Streit, McCdonald and Hamonic. Those 3 guys will be with the isles for a long time. Hamonic looks like he's going to be a stud, McCondald looks like he will be a capable top pairing guy and we all know Streit.

The islanders actually have a couple good young goaltenders as well. They dealt with injuries this season but i think Poulin will be a good nhl netminder when he's healthy. The only problem with that situation is people don't realize what they have because when they hear the words goalie and islanders, they instantly think of dipietro.

Look, i hate the islanders as much as the next guy, but you're only fooling yourself if you think its going to be years until they make the playoffs. They have a really good young core, guys i would LOVE to have on the rangers.

Taveres
Okposo
Grabner
Nielsen
Moulson
Bailey
Hamonic
McDonald
Streit

For all the issues they deal with in not being able to attract free agents, they have actually done a decent job building a squad that imo, would have been a lot better this year had they not been so hindered by injuries. The rock on their blueline still hasn't played a game this season. That says a lot.
You, of course are assuming these players will all stay on Long Island. I doubt that. Some will either be traded away or inititate movement on their own to more player friendly locations. There is little indication the team will spend to keep their core group together.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote