Well, at least we all know the answer to the trivia question
View Single Post
07-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Originally Posted by
name the last 3 ping pong ball team to have one of it's balls select in the 2005 NHL Lottery Draft!
My first impression is that
1) we try and package our #1 with one of #2's and our 3rd rounder to move into the top 4-8 spot.
2) We sign someone like a Forsberg to a 2 year deal. Failing that, we buyout Holik and Kasparaitis and wait the year until Thornton & St. Louis are UFA's and swing for the fences there.
3) Try and upgrade the goalie position for a year or 2 until Lundqvist is ready (maybe we catch a break and he is ready by mid year)
4) Start praying for Kessel now.
1) we are rebuilding. I dont think it would be healthy for the organization to lose 2 draft picks. Sure id love to have an outstanding prospect, but if we can get a bunch of prospects, there will end up being a good player in there.
2)Even when thornton and St. Louis become UFA's, why would they want to move? The lightning are young and amazing(when you have vincent, martin, and richards you better be good) and boston is still a contender, or should be. I dont see them going anywhere.
3)why waste your time? Lets say Lundqvist cant play this year...hes goes to hartford and we see what labarbera has....i dont think it will be much, but you never know(dont forget about him).
PS-What Id like to see happen is the rangers trade Labarbera...His stock could not be higher right now. He's an outstanding goalie in the AHL and we have 2 good prospects who are 1-2 years away(if Lundqvist cant play right now). Why not trade him for a center, a position we despretly need to fill
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by GraveyTrain09