Thread: News Article: P E C O: Power Play discussion
View Single Post
Old
03-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
He should be able to make this work, shouldn't he? Something has to change, no? I don't think it's the players.

If Mullen was able to use the players properly this year he would. Apparently it's not working.... who or what do you think is to blame, Jester?

I remember a thread I started WAY back about how horrible the PP has been.... and it's STILL ****. Hmmmm, wonder why?
I think their personnel is messed up... and they need to figure that out. I think Carle-Meszaros has been completely ineffective as a tandem along the top, and we need to do away with that. I don't think Giroux and Briere can be on the same PP unit...

But here's the problem... Mullen has coached this team's PP for a number of years now, and they've been EXTREMELY successful. Why are you assuming he's suddenly ineffective as a coach?

Most importantly, I think Richards is right that the PP lacks some identity and they need to get back to sets of 5 players like in previous years. Especially since the two PPs need to operate quite differently dependent on who the point men are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Are you guys (Jester included) blind? It's been in a 'slump' all season. It's NOT fine. When we lose a game(s) b/c of t, it's NOT fine.

I hate the word 'fine' it's complacent. They are all complacent out there... it's disgusting.
That's actually not true at all, they've had a couple of runs where they've been on fire.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote