View Single Post
Old
07-25-2005, 01:40 PM
lecherous

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to lecherous
I wonder if we can use Drury + Pyatt/picks/etc. to pry either Lecavalier or Richards away from TB. I would love to get either of those guys, especially Richards, who has scored everywhere he's been and seems to be extremely consistent. Maybe Drury + Pyatt + Thorburn + mid round pick/Campbell to TB for Richards + Lukowich?

The only thing I wonder is if it'd be too much of a lateral move for Tampa to want to break up their chemistry. Lukowich makes it easier to cut ties with McKee, and while Richards makes $400k more than Drury, he justifies it a bit more by being a legit 1st line center. Then we keep Satan and throw Vanek on the other wing, and bam, you've got a legit dangerous 1st line, followed by the classic Hecht - Briere - Dumont line, followed by the kid line of Afinogenov - Roy - Bartovic. Then you fill in the 4th line with Mair - Gaustad - ??? and it all makes sense.

Does anyone know if Roy can play on the wing at all? If so, then Afinogenov - Connolly - Roy and then Mair - Gaustad - Barotvic.

EDIT : As far as Heatley goes, do you guys think it might be worth it to give up the 5 1st rounders to sign him as an RFA? We can sort of play roulette with the fact that we'll be good enough to draft low, and in that case the return might be justified.