View Single Post
Old
03-01-2011, 09:07 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Just cause we're rebuilding/young blah blah doesn't mean we don't want to make the playoffs.

We had a pretty good cushion for a playoff spot at one point, and it just keeps getting smaller.

You don't just get good one year, make the playoffs and go far.

Part of it is getting that 7th/8th seed and taking your first round defeat (or hell, maybe we'll pull off an upset)

The point is I don't care how young we are. We are right there, we missed it in devestating fashion last year and I dont want it to happen again. Remember 7 years without playoffs? it sucks. I don't want a streak to start again.

You think its not important for this team to get rewarded for season of hard work by making the playoffs??

Making the playoffs would be huge for our young guys development but if we don't you have to take the amount of injuries we have had into consideration, Not just the amount of injuries but to who.

I never said that not making the playoffs wasn't important of course it is but as i just mentioned it's not like we have been a healthy team and add into everything that our go to guy Gaborik has been invisible when we needed him the most.

Maybe it isn't the kids thats the problem and maybe its that we don't have the right vets to nurture them along.

Anyway i can only speak for myself but as much as it hurts to lose games i look at Stepan and Mcdonagh and how they have played and it softens the blow of the tough time we are experiencing just now. Again if there is no improvement this time next year i myself would start to worry.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote