View Single Post
Old
03-01-2011, 10:18 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
Quite honestly, not sure why people are unpleased with the effort tonight.

I thought the quality of scoring chances were quite even. A good example of this is when the Gomez line had an entire shift in the Thrashers zone and didnt get a quality chance, Atlanta had a few of those as well. We had a few breakaways, a couple point blank shots, and our PP was clicking tonight. Yeah Price came up with some nice saves, but that is expected of him on the road. Besides a bad giveaway(it was also a bad read by the forward) I doubt the Thrashers would have even scored a goal tonight. We also had a few excellent chances to go up 3-0 or 4-0(Hammers open net shot, Cammys open net shot, and Pacioretty´s breakaway).

I like our forward lines right now, we have a lot of balence. The Gomez line is good at keeping the puck, and Pacioretty is pushing the play quite well; Plekanec and Cammy are going to heat it up, the chances are coming; Eller and Kostitsyn seem to have some kind of Euro chemistry going on; and the fourth isnt bad either, Pouliot has had a good season, and DD is a fiesty ****er. Sometimes its not about how many goals you score, but having favourable matchups throughout the forward lines, I think we have that against a lot of teams. Probably a reason we have such a good home record.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote