Thread: WCHA Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2011, 05:53 AM
RabidBadger

vCash: 500
It's time to start thinking playoffs (NCAA) with the season finale coming up. It's looking like the WCHA will be pretty well represented once again with 3 teams that are locks, NoDak, DU, and The Red Steers and Duluth having a pretty good shot unless they implode. There is still a chance for teams low in the pairwise to steal a Broadmoor Trophy and get an autobid. I'll weigh their chances here.

Tech: There's higher probability you'll win the lottery on the same day as getting struck by lightning. I'm counting on my date with Selma Hayek more than I am counting on Tech to go on a miracle run.

Mankato: Troy Jutting has done a phenominal job with the weakest team he has had in years, no doubt. They can put together some impressive weekends but don't have enough in the tank to go on a streak against the best in the conference.

AA: Mankato of the tundra...nuff said.

The Mighty Beav! they have the personel and the speed to pull it off. There's a lot of guys on this team that were on the improbable FF run 2 years ago. Maybe 5th time would be a charm if they play NoDak again?

Wisconsin: They are in a skid, to say the least. If they can regain mid-season form and Guddy stands on his head they could do some damage. Never count Bucky out.

Minny: The talent is there, if not the chemistry. TDon's head is in the noose and he might pull out all the stops. Kent Patterson can certainly steal some games for them.

St. Cloud: I think these guys have more potential than the others to steal a Broadmoor ala Duluth 2 years ago. They caught fire at the right time and playing DU the final weel should be a good playoff primer for them.

CC: The team is finally healthy, and at the right time, but I don't trust their goaltending. I can see them going down tooth and nail in the second run.

RabidBadger is offline   Reply With Quote