View Single Post
Old
03-02-2011, 10:52 AM
McRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What you describe is one thing. That doesn't mean he's shown the potential to score 80 points again, something he's never done on at any level.
He has shown the talent and the consistency to, IMO (in a full healthy year) put up ~60 points. And that is just by generating chances himself. He has never gotten to play long term with a real dominating offensive force. He has barely played Gabbie this year and Gabbie has been pretty awful all year. I do not see 80 points out of the question. I would not say its a lock either. He needs to: 1) stay healthy 2) bury his chances 3) get a chance to play with another good offensive player. Whether that be a guy like Richards or a Stepan/Anisimov who takes his game to another level.

That "at any level" comment doesn't really do it for me. He scored 78 points in the W in his draft year and he was a completely different player then, especially physically. He played only one year in the A as opposed to Anisimov's two. He scored more goals and the same amount of points as Anismov did his rookie year (in less games) and then Anisimov scored 80 points as a sophomore. And he hasn't come close to his prime in the NHL. Its like saying Jordan Staal wouldn't ever score 29 goals in the NHL because he never did it at any level. Or Jeff Carter wouldn't have scored 80+ points in the NHL because he never did it at any level.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote