Old
03-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Hey guys I have a few questions.

Andrea Bargnani - How good is this guy? Is the reason he has such a high PPG average because he's the only legitimate option or is this guy becoming an elite player? I no scoring isn't everything and probably why a guy like Monta Ellis isn't categorized with all the high scorers around him but how good is this guy? Can Bargnani be a legit 1st or 2nd option? Is Dirk wayyyy better? Can he ever be as good?

Bayless - Can he be our future starting point guard? Again i'm not that educated on basketball but logic would dictate if Bayless can put up 8.8 PPG in 20 minutes a game he could probably be a 13-14 PPG player when he's matured and getting starting minutes?

Demar Derozan - Does anyone think this guy can be a part of a future big 3?

Our pick - Who could we possibly target in the 4-7 range where our pick will likely land? Any impact players? What position would be looking to upgrade with that number 1 pick?

Our future - how is our rebuild going, and how long is it before we are likely to get back to the playoffs?

If someone could answer these question that would be helpful
Bargnani is a great scorer but he is still learning. At times he gets too happy settling for jumpers when realistically he can blow by defenders and if they put small quick defenders on him, he can post or easily shoot over them. Hard to teach him to do that all now but if he learned that when he was younger, he would be unbelievable. He should realistically be a power forward, personally I would move him to small forward because that's what he plays like and he is a terrible defender as a center and doesn't rebound enough, you can live with Bargnani playing below average defense at SF but not at center when you need to help your teammates and get into blocking lanes and rebound. He also has good size so while he wouldn't have that lateral quickness, he can make up for it with size and he does play better defense one on one.

I am not really impressed by Bayless at all. Sometimes, he looks like a good scorer but he is incredibly inconsistent and doesn't use his teammates enough. I don't him see him much better than a 7th option on a contending team.

Loved the way DeMar worked his ass off and developed a solid jumper, I don't think he needs the 3 in his arsenal but I would like to see him work on his rebounding and defense. His defense has been improving since the beginning of the year though. He won't be a star or anything but could be a solid #2/#3 option on a contender.

I hate this draft, I like Irving but with that injury I don't know how good he will be and he might be the only one that can become a franchise player. Jones has franchise potential but I've heard he has a low motor/poor work ethic and doesn't have that killer mentality which honestly sounds to me like Bargnani. Barnes game is turning out and is projected to be a top 10 pick so I wouldn't mind him but I don't think he has that franchise potential anymore but is a good all-around guy. I've heard Terrence is a guy with great work ethic and he is a solid all-around player but just doesn't have the upside of a franchise player. Williams is a good player as well though I am not sure exactly what he is, he sort of plays power forward and small forward because he doesn't have great size but he's good a decent shot and can post up. I've heard Sullinger is a beast and has the upside of Kevin Love but do we really need another PF? I don't think so.

My preference: Irving first, Barnes, Jones, Terrence, Williams (if he can play SF at the next level).